Friday, April 6, 2007

Life as Normal?

Love the matching dresses!


Our China Doll

Glamour Girl

I will not get down until we make cookies.


I LOVE frosting!!


If you must do something ridiculous, outrageous or stupid, at least do it enthusiastically!

Author Unknown

Just when you think you have the mom thing down to a science, something happens to give you a dose of humility. When Hannah was little she had so many health issues that once a doctor told me to quit being an overprotective mother. That really stuck with me until this weekend. Elainea was acting like she was not feeling well. I tried to rationalize the symptoms as something to not worry about. The diarrehea was because of her diet and the rash was because of dry skin etc. She was still active and playing so how serious could it be? When she started to develop a fever and felt like a boiler I decided to take her temperature. The thermometer read 99.9 degrees. Well I knew our thermometer always registered a couple of degrees low, so I decided to take her into the doctors office. I sat there thinking that I would get the "lecture" again until they took her temperature. They immediately told me to take her clothes off. She had a fever of 105! Before our trip to China the Health Department told me that if any of us manifested flu-like symptoms to tell the doctor where we have been. The next thing you know they are drawing blood to test for malaria. Poor Elainea, every time we go to the doctor she is getting shots or blood drawn. Then came the six day wait for the results. One day I got so anxious that I called Kathy at WIAA to ask how many children has come over with Malaria, she calmed my fears when she told me "none". Well we got the results yesterday and she does not have Malaria. Thank goodness!This week I had to take her to daycare for one day. How traumatic that was for me as a mom. This was mom guilt on steriods! I kept thinking all day about whether she realized that I was coming to pick her up or if she thought of the daycare as her new orphanage. The joy I felt as I was able to pick up both of my girls after work was so overwhelming. They both ran into my arms and I just had to hold them for a little while. They will be this age for only a short time and soon they will be too busy for their mom.I took some cute photos of Hannah and Elainea the other day wearing some matching dresses. This morning we made some sugar cookies for Easter this weekend. We look forward to spending the day with family and celebrating in God's glory.

No comments: