Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Hannah

Hannah and her best friend Emily
The party kids

A new case for her DS


Climbing poles in her dress. Typical Hannah!



It is official, Hannah is 8 years old. I can not believe how time flies. We had a party for her and 12 of her friends at a fun center. They played laser tag and miniature golf. Hannah is very blessed to have such fun friends.

It is 3:30 in the morning and I am unable to sleep. I am worried about her. Her pediatrician recommended that she be evaluated by a psychiatrist for autism and she is seeing a pediatric neurologist to be evaluated for a tic she has developed. The pediatrician suspects Turret's syndrome.

I think she is getting teased by some of the kids in school because she is in a special reading class. I ask her to talk to me and I get the feeling that she is too embarrassed to share with us. I think this stems from her perfectionist tendencies and she feels that if she is not perfect we will not love her. Oh if she only knew how much she is loved by so many people!

I feel so utterly helpless right now. All parents want the best for their children. They do not want them to have the same feelings of alienation as they had growing up. My poor daughter has is so much worse than I ever did. I do not know if anyone even reads this blog anymore. I have not been the best at keeping it current. I just needed to get this out and did not want to call anyone at such a horrid hour.

Wishing you all well. Love Ya, Pam

1 comment:

pandandrea said...

Hey Pam,

I know it's been forever since I've spoken with you, but it sounds like you've been struggling with illness and other challenges! I really hope that you, Joe, and your kids will know peace during this Easter season and find the answers that you are seeking.

I'll definitely keep you in my prayers (and get some sleep)!! :)

Andrea Hellewell