Monday, January 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Elainea!

Let your life lightly dance on the edges of time like dew on the tip of a leaf. ~Sir Rabindranath Tagore

Today is Elainea's second birthday. We wonder if they have some type of birthday recognition in the orphanage. It makes me wonder what her days are like. Will this day be the same as all others for her? Does she even know her value and worth?
I also wonder if she has any idea of how her life is going to change. We sent a care package to her with a disposible camera. I hope the nannies saved a picture for her birthday. I take comfort in knowing that this will be her last birthday without a family. What a birthday gift God had planned for her this year.
My thoughts go to her birth mother. How does she feel today? Does she pass the orphanage hoping to catch a glimpse of her? I wish there were a way to let her know that her daughter will have the family that she deserves. She made a sacrifice that will enrich our lives and we will be forever indebted to her.
Dear Elainea we love you and look forward to bringing you home.

No comments: