Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Surprise Baby Shower!

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, and confusion into clarity.... It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow. ~ Unknown

Today was an amazing day. Some of Pam's coworkers threw a surprise shower. I had no idea that it was even in the planning. My boss approached me and asked me to come into the conference room. So many people were sitting and waiting for us to walk in the door. All eyes were on me. I thought to myself "Something bad has happened". Then all-of-a-sudden they yelled "Surprise!" I still do not think that the reality of it hit me even then.
You see this scene in movies and you think that people truely could not be surprised, or they must have at least suspected something. Well I can tell you that it can happen. I know from first-hand experience. Elainea is not our first child and consequently I was not expecting a shower.
The shower was wonderful and we received a very generous monetary donation towards our adoption expenses. I do not know how to thank such wonderfully generous people. I guess all we can do is try to pay-it-forward when given the opportunity.
Thanks again to all of those folks and I am honored to have you joining us on our adoption journey.
The Rockwell's

No comments: